Kodak E100 Film Case StudyKODAK E100 FILM DIRECT/BRANDING CAMPAIGN
ONLY IN A PERFECT WORLD COULD THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN ANY BETTER THAN THIS.
There is so much that is out of the professional photographer’s control, but their film should be the one thing above all else they can control. Unfortunately, for several years, Ektachrome color transparency film, for several years had not given photojournalists the control they needed.
That’s because Kodak had lost control of a key element of E6 processing (when the patent lapsed, Fuji had scooped it up and reparented it, freezing Kodak out), an element that enabled the film to be pushed up to two stops without a color shift. This was important to photojournalists, especially covering sports because when the sun went down and the stadium lights took over, photojournalists needed to push the exposure in order to stop action. Unfortunately, without this key processing element, pushing the old Ektachrome more than one stop caused a massive magenta color shift, making yellow turn orange— bad news if you were covering a Steeler or Packer late afternoon game.
As a result, Fuji had taken over 80% of the photojournalism market (Kodak had at one time held 90% share). The new family of Kodak Ektachrome E100 film was designed start winning lost market share back, by giving professional photographers a level of control like never before.
This perfectly empathetic direct mail piece, mailed to 60,000 professional photographers, generated nearly 44,00 responses, giving away almost 176,000free rolls of film!
- Case Study #1— ViaHealth “Human Care” Branding Campaign
- Case Study #2— CANOPY Herbicide Branding Campaign
- Case Study #3— Washington Park Mall Grand Opening Campaign
- Case Study #4— Larson Storm Door Market Penetration Campaign
- Case Study #6— Fresh Fields Store Grand Opening Campaign
- Case Study #7— Chrysalis Vineyards Branding/Direct Campaign
- Case Study #8— ViaHealth Plan Benefits Made Easy Direct
- Case Study #9— GE Plastics LEXGUARD Direct Campaign
- Case Study #10— Xerox Back Safety Internal Employee Campaign
- Case Study #11— DuPont CLASSIC Herbicide Campaign
- Case Study #12— DuPont VYDATE Insecticide Campaign
- Case Study #13— American Dairy Association School Breakfast Campaign